Texas A&M University -Kingsville, Department of Music
Sign-up on my door or use this electronic form:
TExESTM Music EC–12 (177) Test at a Glance
Test Prep Manual (Music EC-12) #177
Study Materials are also available in the FIVE yellow envelops outside of my office.
State Exams- NEW TEA RULE effective September 1, 2015: Individuals may take the same state exam a total of 5 times. After the fifth attempt, TEA will have to give approval to retake the exam. This does not include exams taken before September 1, 2015.
MUSIC TExES Practice Tests (Every Last Sunday of Each Month at 3pm)
Students who will be student teaching in the near future must take the TExES Music Practice Test. Students must make an 80% on this practice test in order to be certified to take the real TExES test in music.
Sunday April 24, 2016
If eligible and interested, please see Dr. Tu to reserve a testing spot. The sign up sheet for the TExES practice Test is on Dr. Tu’s bulletin board (Rm#146)…You can email her at Kumt2018@tamuk.edu to reserve a spot.
Test Registration Procedures
Once a student has met eligibility for test registration, he/she receives an email with registration instructions. The steps are below:
PHASE ONE: TEAL Account Set-Up
2. Click Request New User Account
3. Complete all required information
a. Organization Type= Educator
b. Job Title= Teacher
i. ***If you get a message indicating an account already exists, please call 512-936-8400 and press option 2 to request an email link to reset your password***
4. Once access is granted, login in to your TEAL account.
5. Click “Educator” at the center of the page
6. Complete your Educator profile . All fields marked with * are required before proceeding.
7. Click Continue
8. When you see a page that looks like this (below), you have completed Phase One:
PHASE TWO: ETS Account Set-up
2. Click on “Register”
3. Scroll down to select “New User”
4. Enter all information (Data must match what was entered on the TEAL site during Phase One)
5. Continue with account set-up
6. Once complete, you may register for your exam(s).
On the ETS site, after answering various security questions, the candidate will select (1) the test for which they wish to register, (2) the city in which they plan to test, (3) the testing center at which they prefer to test, (4) the date on which they wish to test, and finally (6) the time of day which they prefer.
It is only possible during this process to see date and location offerings. We do not have a schedule of offerings otherwise.
Daniella G. Varela, M.P.A.
College of Education and Human Performance
Texas A&M University- Kingsville
1055 N. University Blvd MSC 195
Kingsville, Texas 78363